Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Two Too Tuesday

Because I don't want to be serious all the time, I'd like to start something fun with my blog. Beginning today and each Tuesday hereafter, insh'Allah, I will blog about TWO things that I'd like to accomplish during the week and one thing that I'm TOO grateful for that I might otherwise not pay TOO much attention to.

Two Too Tuesday

Two things I'd like to accomplish this week:

1. Class preps! With the spring semester beginning in just six days, I really need to finish my syllabi ASAP. In an ideal world, I would also prepare all the quizzes, exams, and paper prompts well in advance. Since realism is the name of my game, though, I will gladly settle for three completed syllabi.

2. Bathe and groom my kitties. Persian cats are absolutely gorgeous, but keeping them runway beautiful requires a lot of time. And since time is something that I haven't had much of lately, my girls (that's one of my Champions in the photo) are beginning to look a lot more like alley cats than the pampered queens they know they are. They give me so much affection and attention that it's about time they got some in return.

One thing that I'm TOO grateful for:

When my neurologist gave me the news that she would have to "turn me in" to the Department of Motor Vehicles and I would lose my driving privileges, it felt as though the last of my freedoms had been yanked away. Suffering from seizures was bad enough but add to that the tremendous guilt of becoming a burden to my family, and I felt that I was a walking recipe for disaster. Rather than allow me to wallow in self-inflicted misery, my husband has become my personal chauffeur without a single complaint. His attitude toward the whole situation has made an otherwise frightening and frustrating situation rather bearable, alhamdulillah, and I am TOO grateful for that.

4 comments:

JamilaLighthouse said...

I didn't get my license until I was thirty! How embarrassing! My husband used to have to drive me everywhere and when he wasn't around i walked (pushing the kids in a pram)!

Surviving said...

What a good idea. I may do something similar myself.

al-maraya said...

I've been driving for 30 years, so losing that freedom was not easy to swallow. Walking isn't even an option for me because I can't climb down things, including curbs. Besides, I work about 8 miles from home.

Surviving, give it a shot! It's a great way to stay on top of a couple of goals at a time and to remember to say alhamdulillah for the small things. :)

Baraka said...

Salaam,

I've had many health issues in the past few years and I think the idea of being a burden on my husband has been the most difficult aspect to deal with.

Masha-Allah you & I are blessed to have such caring people in our lives who help us lift our burdens by sharing them patiently with us.

Warmly,
Baraka