Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Check Ups and Check Outs

This afternoon marks the one week post-op eye check up appointment and although the wonderful neuro-opthamologist has decided that the surgery will more than likely need to be repeated tonight, I have decided to check out. Nope, not another surgery for me in 2006. Why? Remember my post about the number 3? Call me superstitious, call me silly, call me anything you want, but this would mean surgery number 3, and I am in no way prepared emotionally or psychiologically for yet another surgery right now. If yet another surgery is needed, I'll deal with the goofy vision until spring break and deal with it then, insh'Allah. Alhamdullilah, I've dealt with much worse and been none the worse for the wear.

3 comments:

Simply Eva said...

I wish for you a wonderful new year (devoid of 3's) and sucessful surgery. I love your blog!!! Masha Allah. I did comment on your post "I HATE the Number 3".

PM said...

Salaam Alaikum dear,

I can understand your feelings but hope this won't cause a problem for you to delay. WIll you be able to handle the demands of teaching with your vision problems? What do you teach anyway? I teach art history and film studies and the demand on my eyes is pretty intense. At times I feel I will go blind -- and I havwe reasonably good vision with correction. I am sure this is taxing on you both mentally and physically. You are in my prayers.

Salaam Alaikum,
PM

Safa said...

Insha Allah, u know what's best for you.....but please....if there are any changes, don't delay things further. You never realize what a blessing Allah has given you, until you have it taken away.....