Friday, December 22, 2006

Cleaning House

Ok, I took the plunge and switched to the new Blogger a couple of days ago, so I decided to try my hand at gussying up the blog this evening. I've changed the template umpteen times, played with colors and fonts, added and removed links. Pink is not really my color but since I didn't find a purple template that suited my taste, I settled one a layout that I liked. It's time for a change, yet I'm not sure that brown is the best way to go either. Aargh -- if only graphics design were my thing, I'd design myself the cutest looking blog template anyone ever did see, that's what I'd do! In the meantime, I'll be thankful for the freebies that are available and say alhamdullilah that someone else was kind enough to share his creative skills with those of us who have none, LOL!

I am pleased to report that the eye is showing some signs of improvement, alhamdulillah. At least some things have gone back to their singular forms most of the time. Peripheral vision is still terrible because I see double-double most of the time; however, it comes in really handy when there's a box of chocolates sitting in front of me, LOL! Mmmmmmmm........

3 comments:

Safa said...

Your blog looks great.....maybe I should spiffy mine up for Eid...??

al-maraya said...

I'm still playing around with it, Safa. I spent hours yesterday looking for an even better template than the standard ones available on Blogger and was amazed with what I found! Insh'Allah, I'm gonna have a pretty blog soon -- I'll just keep playing with the templates until I find just the right one. I'll post the links that I discovered for free templates later on just in case you want to scout one for yourself. :)

Muhammad said...

I have to admit I was half way down the page before I noticed. I'm sure you will find your page one day. Mental Muslimah's has changed as well. Maybe I'll change mine too. You just have to make sure any little code snippets you have remain in place when you swap out. I know that your counter and everything goes poof when you start messing with templates.