Saturday, December 16, 2006

Seeing Double

Like a dingbat, I forgot to date the update to the last post, so I have to post again to let you know that I posted it today, December 16. Duh!

I had surgery on my right eye two days ago and am now seeing double, literally. The surgery was supposed to fix a wandering eye problem, but it looks like I will be going back under the knife on the 26th if the problem doesn't fix itself by then. According to the neuro-opthamologist, less than 1% of the patients who have Chiari and have this corrective surgery have a worsening of the double vision and as luck would have it, I never ever do anything the easy way, alhamdulillah. My eye is currently filled with blood and looks disgusting, but I suppose it could be much worse. At least when I look straight ahead I only see two of everything -- when I look to the side I see three, four, five, even six of everything!

And so it goes. . .

2 comments:

Safa said...

At least for now....look only at all the good things around you and you'll be amazed to see that you are doubly blessed!

Sorry about the bum red eye.....insha Allah the DR will have you fixed up good as new in no time! Ya Rab!~

al-maraya said...

Looks like I will be off to see the wizard (ummm...doctor) this morning because the doggone eye is swollen to twice the size it was yesterday and even more bloody. Mashallah, as bad as it looks it doesn't really hurt -- it just looks as if someone put my eye through a grinder and then popped it back into my head. DISGUSTING!